BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Happy Mighty New Year!

Many of you joined us for our first class of 2011, a yummy detox flow with Gina to benefit the House of Hope Initiative. Yogis were moved in more ways than one after the 2-hour session New Year's Day. Gina had this to offer from the day's session:

"I'm still smiling from ear to ear. We had 23 participants in a pretty demanding detox flow, all positively glowing afterwards! (And I don't mean because of all the sweat!) I expected to feel the fullness of gratitude that come with yoga as service, energized both for the project and the new year. But when I made my offering at the close of class, sharing my favorite translation of Om Namah Shivaya: I bow to that which I am capable of becoming, acknowledging that we are on this path together and bowing in reverence to that, I was quite surprised to rise to an applause-filled room and a chorus of thank yous. Very moving."

And thanks to these yogis and yoginis, the House of Hope Initiative received over$400 in donations! We are so grateful to the generous Mighty community who has supported our various benefits throughout the year. In the past year, Mighty Yoga has raised over $2500 for multiple organizations including the House of Hope Initiative, The Nutrition Clinic, the Sol Stone Center and the Ithaca Health Alliance. Thank you! Thank you!

0 comments: