BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Introducing our newest Mighty Teacher! Meet Kat Loeck

We’re super excited to be introducing our newest teacher who’s already been sharing her love for yoga with us during our Saturday Community class at 6pm. Kat hails from Nebraska, then took a detour in Boston before she could call Ithaca her home. We couldn’t be more grateful for the sweet and powerful flair that she brings to her classes! Meet her in class on Saturdays at 6pm. Here’s a little from Kat:


How did you come to yoga?
I suppose that yoga found me in Kansas. About five years ago, I walked into a yoga studio completely by accident. (I don’t remember what I was looking for at the time, but it definitely was not yoga). The woman at the desk invited me to stay for the class that was about to start. 

What do you like about Power Yoga? 
It teaches me to tend the sacred fire.

How has your yoga changed since the first time you practiced?
Oh, wow. I started off practicing a very different style of yoga. When I started to understand the energetics of yoga and the subtle body, I discovered that vinyasa flow was a much better fit for my constitution. More than anything, I’ve learned how to breathe.

Why did you decide to teach yoga?
Through my travels and cycles, I’ve been blessed to know amazing teachers who have inspired me to be a stronger woman. I hope to pass this gift forward. 

Any tips for someone new to yoga? 
Keep a yoga mat open on the floor next to your bed. First thing in the morning, roll onto that mat and take
a few quiet minutes to start your day with fluid/creative movement.

What is your favorite pose or poses? Why? 
This changes each week. ☺ Half moon because I feel radiant. Skandasana because I feel like a tiger.  

What do you like to do off the yoga mat?
I’m a farmer ... and farming is what I love. When field work ends this winter, I look forward to making music, rock climbing and knitting. 

What fuels you?
Sun, soil and water.

What makes you Mighty?
Knowing when to be gentle and when to be fierce. 

0 comments: